12th Global Congress and Conferment Ceremony at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Jun 09, 2018
ROYAL INSTITUTIONS RECOGNISED AND HONOURED MORE THAN 600 PROFESSIONALS FROM 150 COUNTRIES IN SINGAPORE
More than 600 professionals from more than 150 countries gathered at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore on 8-10 June 2018 for Royal Institution’s (RI) 12th Global Congress and Conferment Ceremony (12 GCCC) with the theme: “Megatrends in Education, Business & Industry, and Public Administration in the 21st Century and Beyond.”
FDr. Prof. Jose David Lapuz, Presidential Consultant in Education and International Organisation and UNESCO Commissioner of the Republic of the Philippines led the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Following the ribbon-cutting was the presentation of 20 research paper poster presentations authored by:
• FDr. Dr. Armando E. Abejuela for his research, Emerging Challenges in the Formulation and Implementation of Defense and Security Management Plans for Philippine Hosting of APEC 2015: Inputs for Planning Major Public Events;
• Dr. Eden U. Alberto for her research, Governance, Capacity Building and Risk Management Strategies of Selected Cooperative Associations: A Blueprint for Sustainable Development of Cooperatives;
• FDr. Dr. Angelica M. Baylon, for her research, Transforming Maritime Curriculum into an Essential Outcome-based Education Curriculum for Competent International Workforce;
• FDr. Jean Paul Gaston Boeldieu for his research, Global Trends and Issues of Petroleum Industry;
• FDr. Dr. Nelia Q. Canada, Atty. Pearl Angeli Q. Canada, Atty. Lady Jade Q. Canada, Prof. Leonora Q. De Guzman, and Dr. Jo Mark M. Libre for their research, A Perception Study on the Implementation of ISO 9001:2015 QMS in the Bureau of the Treasury Region IX and Davao del Sur Provincial Office;
• Dr. Sheila O. Cobcobo for her research Assessment of the Implementation of the Comprehensive Community Dental Health and Education Program of Pinagsama Village: Basis for Improvement in the Dental Curriculum;
• Dr. Arman V. Cruz for his research, Demystifying Finance Ecosystem in the Philippines U-Belt: Blueprint for Investment Landscape;
• Dr. Amy C. Daraway for her research, Business Management Competencies of Micro/Small Entrepreneurs: Strategies for Upgrades;
• Ms. Sama Ibrahim Didi for her research, The Inclusion of Youth in Peace Building Process of Maldives;
• Dr. Mercedita R. Japay for her research, Quality Leadership and Student Academic Achievement: A Meta-Analysis;
• Dr. Jay F. Macasieb for his research, Role Competencies of Master Teachers in Selected Public Secondary Schools in the National Capital Region (NCR): Basis for Continuing Professional Development;
• Mr. John Vincent I. Manalo for his research, Negotiating Potential, Decision Making Style, and Job Performance among Foodservice Managers in Iloilo City, Philippines;
• Ms. Ma. Elena M. Maño for her research, The Opportunities of TESDA Completers of the Municipality of Pulilan, Bulcan: An Assessment;
• Dr. Imelda P. Nabor and Dr. Benedict B. Bombaes for their research, Artificial Intelligence as a Utility Tool;
• FDr. Dr. Norma G. Nuñez for her research, The Effectiveness of Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001: Basis for Policy Analysis and Evaluation;
• Dr. Marietta D. Reyes for her research, A Proposed Human Resource Management (HRM) Professional Training and Development (PT&D) Model for a State University;
• Dr. Alfe M. Solina for her research, Business Place Branding of Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal and Quezon (CALABARZON);
• FDr. Dr. Marichu C. Sta. Ana for her research, Assessment on the Problems Encountered in the Implementation of Solid Waste Management Operations in the Municipality of Cainta: Base Reference for a Development Program;
• Mr. Rommel V. Tabula for his research, Morphological Analysis of Ilokano Work-Related Terms in Agriculture; and
• Dr. Lincoln V. Tan for his research, The Internal Efficiency of Multi-Grade Classes of Public Elementary Schools in Bukidnon, Northern Mindanao, Philippines.
Four prominent international guest speakers who addressed the theme “Megatrends in Education, Business & Industry, and Public Administration in the 21st Century and Beyond” were FDr. Prof. Dr. Gerardo C. Janairo, immediate former Chancellor of De La Salle University and the 2017 Outstanding Chemist of the Integrated Chemists of the Philippines; FDr. Ar. Dr. Felino A. Palafox Jr., Principal Architect-Urban Planner and Founding Partner of the Palafox Associates; FDr. Atty. Dr. Julito D. Vitriolo, Executive Director IV of the Commission on Higher Education (Ministry of Higher Education), Republic of the Philippines; and FDr. Capt. Richard Boon Suang Teo, Director & Board Member of the Global Maritime Education & Training (MET) Ltd, Australia represented by FDr. Dr. Angelica M. Baylon, External Affairs Directot of Maritime Academy of Asia & the Pacific, Republic of the Philippines. Following the four speakers was the oral presentation:
• Dr. Jay F. Macasieb, FRIEdr, Master Teacher I of San Juan National High School, Republic of the Philippines presented his paper entitled Role Competencies of Master Teachers in Selected Public Secondary Schools in the National Capital Region (NCR): Basis for Continuing Professional Development;
• FDr. Jean Paul Gaston Boeldieu, DFRISc, SFRIVtr from France presented his paper entitled Global Trends and Issues of Petroleum Industry;
• FDr. Prof. Dr. Jennifer Chan Kim Lian, DFRIEdr, DFRIHosM, DFRIT Director of Borneo Tourism Research Centre of the Universiti Malaysia Sabah presented her paper entitled Sustainability and Strategic Human Capital Management in Green Global Economy;
• FDr. Prof. Dr. G Kulanthaivel, DFRIEd, DFRITgt, FRIEEE Chairman and Professor at the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Division of Colombo Plan Staff College, India and Dr. G. Ulagamuthalvi, SFRICompE, SFRIEdr Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Computing of Sathyabama University, India presented their paper Integrating ICTs for Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century; and
• Ms. Winnifred Selby, StMRIEntr President and Founder of W3 Initiative and EPF Educational Empowerment Initiative, and a student of Bachelor of Business Administration at Central University, Ghana delivered her speech on Women Empowerment Initiative.
The 12 GCCC was attended by hundreds of local and international delegates in the fields of accounting, architecture, health & sciences, engineering, technical and vocational education, tourism, hotel and restaurant management, business, entrepreneurship, law, dental medicine, public administration and many other disciplines, including more than more than 75 professors, 91 doctorate degree holders, 20 holders of post-doctorate qualifications, 5 holders of double doctorates, 5 holders of triple doctorates, 2 holders of four doctorates, 4 CPA doctorates and 4 attorney doctorates. This unprecedented event will see the display of the 150 country flags of the Members of the Royal Institutions and the logos of more than 120 affiliated universities, colleges and educational institutions.
On this historic occasion, a MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING was signed in support of Globalisation in Education and Training between and amongst more than 22 RI Accredited Educational Institutions and Organisations from different parts of the world.
Philippine President, His Excellency Rodrigo Roa Duterte has conveyed his heartiest congratulations to Royal Institution, Singapore and Royal Institution, Philippines for this historic occasion.
His Excellency also stressed the importance of Royal Institutions’ programmes and advocacies in the progress of both countries, Singapore and the Philippines.
Royal Institutions brought the 12th Global Congress and Conferment Ceremony to Singapore, two days ahead of the Trump-Kim Summit, to develop and strengthen regional and global ties amongst RI members as Singapore is the ideal destination for tourism, education, investment, and MICE.