Patrons are highly prominent individuals who embody the ideals, principles, values, and sentiments of the Royal Institution.
Patrons possess the following qualities:
- Honesty, integrity, and compassion;
- Exceptional ethical leadership skills;
- Noble and glorious statesmanship;
- International and local recognition by professional, civic, and religious organisations;
- Epitome of success in their field and worthy of emulation by mankind;
- Concerned with the quality of life of the masses; and
- Supports programmes on protection and preservation of nature and the environment.
RI Patrons are awarded the following:
- Appointment Order as Patron of the Royal Institution Singapore
- RI Crown
Hon. Dr. Helena Z Benitez
Chairperson, Board of Trustees
The Philippine Women’s University System
There is no enterprise more compelling than to build a just, humane and productive society under the aegis of peace, civility, harmony and goodwill; no activity more enduring than to provide our people with broader opportunities to attain a richer and fuller life with dignity and worth, regardless of social rank or status; no love greater than the love of country and people, which comprises the matrix of open democracy. Our Patron epitomizes these aspirations.
She belongs to an illustrious family who founded the Philippine Women's University, one of the premier universities in the country today. She is a holder of a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Education, both magna cum laude at the Philippine Women’s University, Manila; and a Master of Arts Degree at George Washington University, Washington D.C., USA. And finished her Post Graduate Studies at the University of Chicago and Iowa State College, USA.